Classic, hearty casserole dish starts with sauteed garlic, eggplant and parsley as a bottom layer. Zucchini, Parmesan cheese, onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and tomatoes complete this casserole before being baked golden brown and crispy on top.
-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
1 Eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Salt, to taste
1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Zucchini, sliced
1 large Onion, sliced into rings
2 cups sliced Fresh Mushrooms
1 green Bell Pepper, sliced
2 large Tomatoes, chopped Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease casserole dish with 1 tbs. olive oil.
3. Add remaining olive oil to medium skillet. Heat over medium heat.
4. Saute garlic until tender. Stir in eggplant cubes and parsley. Saute 10 minutes.
5. Season eggplant with salt.
6. Spoon eggplant into casserole. Spread to create even layer. Sprinkle eggplant with parmesan cheese.
7. Arrange zucchini slices in even layer over eggplant. Sprinkle zucchini layer with parmesan cheese.
8. Repeat layering with onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and tomatoes.
9. Sprinkle remaining parmesan on top.
10. Bake 45 minutes.